The Daily Bunch
I keep the makeup I use on a daily basis in a plastic tray from The Container Store on my desk. The rest of my makeup is stored in an Alex 9 drawer unit next to my desk (basic, I know).
The Daily Bunch, as they appear on my desk
Lets start out with lip products, which have the least impact in the Daily Bunch. I don't keep a lot of lip products in the tray because I don't usually put anything besides balm on until I'm ready to walk out the door. I had close up shots of them but they didn't come out, but luckily they stick out in the first picture.
- I have two Maybelline Baby Lips in Twinkle (the turquoise one) and Melon Mania (the light green one). These are limited edition colors from a while back, but I found them recently on a big display at Target.
- The last lippie I have in here is the e.l.f. Essential Lip Balm Tint in Berry. I love this stuff and I'll put this on right away if my lips are looking dead and need a pick-me-up
The Daily Bunch of face products
Base products. I have the most of these in the Bunch because I a) like to switch up concealers a lot and b) I don't hoard a lot of face makeup in my collection so most of what I have is here. As you can tell, there are lots of e.l.f. products here. I made an order a few weeks ago and I'm trying them out. I'll definitely be reviewing most of these in the future.
- First I have the e.l.f. Moisturizing Foundation Stick in Ivory. I love the build-ability of this foundation. Also, It is a perfect shade match which is hard to find for a super pale girl like me.
- The most unique product I have here is the e.l.f. Hydrating Under Eye Primer. So far, this has been a game changer in my concealer routine.
- The e.l.f. Mineral Eye Brightener in Buff has also been a game changer in that routine.
- Now lets talk concealers, the first one I have is L.A. Girl Pro Conceal in Natural. I'm not sure how I feel about this one, I'll get back to you on that.
- The second one is the Covergirl+Olay The Depuffer eye concealer in Fair. I'm almost out of this and I love it. I talked more about this in my previous post here.
- Last but not least for concealers is the e.l.f. Maximum Coverage Concealer in Porcelain. I like this a lot! Very build-able coverage, good for spot concealing. Don't like it too much for under the eye because the color isn't light enough.
- For contouring I've been using the e.l.f. All Over Cover Stick in Toffee. This is a great shade to contour for my skin tone. I can build it up for a more chiseled look, or keep it light and simple for every day.
- Lastly I keep my Loreal True Match powder in Classic Ivory. I've had this for probably 3 years and have only hit pan a little bit on it because I hardly ever use setting powder. I mainly keep this around for when I have oily days/for touch-ups.
The Daily Bunch of cheek products
I keep a small amount of blushes/highlighters within reach, but if I'm looking for something specific or different from what I have. Blushes and highlighters are probably my favorite categories of makeup, but I didn't bring too many home. Here's what I do have with me:
- I keep two e.l.f. Studio Blushes in Tickled Pink and Blushing Rose. I use Tickled Pink on days that my eye makeup is the focus, or if I'm working with tricky colors. It comes off really neutral on my cheeks and goes with everything. I use Blushing Rose on days where my eye makeup is simple. This one gives of the classic "look I just came in from a blizzard!" flush that everyone is always searching for.
- My first highlighter is from e.l.f (shocker), and it's the Baked Highlighter in Blush Gems. This is a pretty intense highlight that is very similar in tone to MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle.
- My last highlighter is one I got for Christmas (yay!) and it is the Mineralize Skinfinish in Perfect Topping. I love this for days that I'm looking for a more natural/satin finish highlight. It has a lot of purple and brownish veining throughout which also helps it appear more natural on the skin. Unfortunately, this is a limited edition shade. However, MAC has recently released a new collection and this is part of the line. You can find that collection, and Perfect Topping here.
The Daily Bunch of eye products
This picture doesn't show any eyeshadows because I've been using either my MAC palette or my Z-Palette, as they are the easiest to travel with. I would have had more if I didn't forget almost all of the eyeliners I wanted to bring back at school...
- First of all I keep my Tweezerman Classic Eyelash Curler on me at all times. I think I would be lost if I didn't have this in my life.
- The primer I use every day is Painterly Paint Pot from MAC. I talked about this in my last post so I won't go on about it too much, but I really really like it.
- My current mascara is the Covergirl Full Lash Bloom. I didn't have a very fond first impression with this one but now that I've used it for a while I love it. The brush is very similar to They're Real! from Benefit (which I'm a huge fan of).
- For my brows I've been using the e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit in Ash to fill them in and Maybelline Eyestudio Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara in Blonde. I really have been liking this combo to achieve fuller brows.
- And for liquid eyeliner (a.k.a. the only one I remembered to bring), I have the N.Y.C. Liquid Eyeliner in Black. This is the easiest brush tip eyeliner I have ever tried. Not only does it make winging out the line easy, but it dries completely matte!
Well, that's all for now, but I hope you found this useful/interesting/enjoyable. Feel free to let me know what your every day products are, I'd love to hear! Thank you for taking the time to read this!