Thursday, January 1, 2015

My Hypothetical New Year's Eve Makeup

Happy New Year, internet! I don't know about the rest of the world, but I had a pretty crazy year and I'm really looking forward to this next one.  2015...It's going to take me until probably April to start consistently writing /15 on everything I have to date.  I hope I'm not the only one...

Anyways, I know It probably would have made more sense to put this up yesterday, but better late than never right?  So basically what made me decide to do this was an e.l.f. Instagram contest.  This contest entailed posting a picture of your NYE (New Year's Eve) look.  To be totally honest, I spent NYE on my couch, in a robe with minimal makeup.  This is where the "hypothetical" in the title gets its name, because I probably would have worn something like this if I partook in more exciting activities last night.  Here's what I came up with:

The "Hypothetical Look"


Here's what I'm wearing on my face.  Remember, this was e.l.f. contest entry so prepare yourself for an abundance of e.l.f. products.  Also, all of the face products are from my makeup tray (featured in my last post).  Don't say I didn't warn ya.

Face:
Lips

A closer look at the Hypothetical eyes

On the Eyes:
  • As a base, I used Maybelline's Color Tattoo in Electric Blue, covering the whole lid up to the crease, but leaving the inner corner bare.
  • I used two Coastal Scents Hot Pots in Chamois Nude as a highlight/blending color, and Oatmeal Tan as a crease/transition color.
  • For the lid I blended the Navy Blue color from e.l.f.'s Essential 18-piece Eyeshadow Palette (I can't find this on their website anymore, no!!).  I also blended that navy color with Oatmeal Tan on the lower lashline.
  • The gold glitter on the inner corner is e.l.f.'s Long Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow in Toasted.
  • I didn't use falsies for this look, just my Covergirl Full Lash Bloom mascara :)

But wait, there's more!  For whatever reason I decided to do my nails last night.  Here's what I came up with:




My nails from NYE (not hypothetical)

For the special NYE edition nails, I started with two coats of Essie To Buy or Not to Buy (a very pale, purpley color).  I would have gone with a white as a base for the glitter, but I couldn't find mine, so the pale purple did the job.  The glitter is Ignite the Night by Essie.  I topped it off with Sally Hansen Miracle Gel top coat.  And there you have it! It's a pretty basic glitter mani, but I still gotta have it.

Well, that's all I got, and it's my bedtime (shh) so I'm going to sign out for the night.  I hope you found this useful/interesting/enjoyable and thank you so much for taking the time to read this. Again, have a happy and blessed new year.

<3 
Elise


No comments:

Post a Comment

Overnight eye masks?!? | VIICode Skincare Review

Hey everyone, how are you? I know it’s been awhile since I’ve written a post on here, but today I’m re-kickstarting (that’s a word, right?)...