Sunday, January 25, 2015

Mint Chocolate Chip~an FOTD

Hey internet!  So funny story, I was bored with the same, neutral way I've been doing my makeup, so I turned to Reddit to get me out of my rut.  I got a lot of inspiration from the ladies over there, therefore inspiration+being bored on a Saturday afternoon=what I like to call Mint Chocolate Chip.  And here it is:



Just a heads up, this post is going to be picture heavy.  This is the Instagram version of this look.  In other words, I put a little filter on it.  Here are some other angles with a little less filter.  I only like taking FOTD pictures in natural lighting, and it happened to be 5 P.M. when I did this, so lets use our creativity and imagine that there is better lighting that actually exists, okay? Great! Let's do this.



A closer look at the eye:




An upfront view:



I am always a little hesitant to wear greens/blues because in my mind, those colors clash with my blue/grey eyes, but I don't think it clashes too much.  Also, do you notice how my right eyebrow looks like I'm confused about something? I can't take a serious picture without doing that, I try to not do that, but it happens every time.  Oops.

Lesson of the Day:  don't let eye color dictate eyeshadow color, and let your eyebrows do their thing.

Now to the important part, what I used to create this.  I thought I would be interesting and do this in picture form rather than list form, here goes:


Face~



e.l.f. Moisturizing Foundation Stick in Ivory+
Maybelline Fit Me concealer in Fair



NYX Eyebrow Gel in Blonde





e.l.f. All Over Cover Stick in Toffee (contour)




Jordana blush in Touch of Pink




Maybelline Master Hi-Light blush in Nude




e.l.f. Mineral Eye Brightener in Buff




NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder


Eyes~


Milani Bella Eyes Eyeshadow in Bella Caffe 
(transition shade)




Coastal Scents Hot Pots in Chamois Nude (bottom right-base shade),
Light Taupe (upper row-crease), and Burnt Umber (bottom left-outer v)



Look at how pretty it is!!



Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in Chipper



M.A.C Pressed Pigment in Light Touch 
(inner corner)



M.A.C. eyeshadow in vanilla 
(browbone highlight)



Jordana Made-To-Last eyeliner in Espresso Last
(waterline), NYC Liquid Eyeliner in black 
(the wing)



Maybelline Lash Sensational in Blackest Black


Lips~


The lone product:


Milani Color Statement lipstick in Nude Creme



Can you tell I'm not someone to layer on the lippies?  What can I say, I'm weird about caking a lot on my lips.  Hopefully this will inspire some of you neutral gals like me out there to bring some brightness to the dreary winter. 

On a side note, those of you that have been on here before probably have noticed that I changed a few things around on the site.  I'm working really hard to make my blog look better. My next few steps will be to organize my posts, some ways to contact me, and redesign my header.  After I do some reorganization, I'm going to start posting about health topics to develop that side of my blog!  More to come soon!

Well, I feel like I've been concluding a lot recently by saying that its way too late to be awake and I should probably sleep...tonight's the same deal.  Sorry I don't have another witty excuse to make /:  I'll get more creative in the future. 

Anyways, I hope you found this post interesting/useful/enjoyable and thank you thank you for taking the time to read this.  Much appreciation is sent your way!

<3
Elise














2 comments:

Overnight eye masks?!? | VIICode Skincare Review

Hey everyone, how are you? I know it’s been awhile since I’ve written a post on here, but today I’m re-kickstarting (that’s a word, right?)...