Sunday, January 18, 2015

What's in my MAC pallette?!?

What's up, Internet?  I know it's been a hot minute.  My excuse is: first week of classes.  I think that sums it up enough.  Now that I have a long weekend, I'm going to give your eyes what I promised (actually I it was a hint, but whatevs) back in my first post:  a look into my MAC palette.  These kind of "What's in my __" blog posts and YouTube videos are some of my favorite to view because I like to see swatches and pictures of things...and well, I'm a nosy person.  OK, let's do this

Bascially, the way I organize my MAC shadows is bottom-to-top, most worn to wear when I'm feelin' risky.  There's a tiny bit more to it, which I will explain later, but that's basically the mentality.  Picture time!



So let's start out with the first (bottom) row.  I house all of my lighter, highlighter-y, base-type shades.  I reach for these a lot because I'm a fan of the light, shimmery shades.  They're my favorite.  So I'm going to show swatches, shade descriptions, and share my faves of the bunch. I would say most used, but those will be pretty obvious from the pictures.



Let's start with a quick overview:


MAC shadows, yay

Now onto the bottom row:

L-R: Jest, Naked Lunch, Sweet Joy, Nylon, Vanilla

Descriptions according to MAC's website....
  • Jest (frost)- Soft peach with icy shimmer
  • Naked Lunch (frost)- Minimal pink with shimmer
  • Sweet Joy (frost)- Frosted creamy pale gold
    • Limited Edition from the Venomous Villains collection, 2010
  • Nylon (frost)- Pale gold with icy shimmer
  • Vanilla (Veluxe)- Peachy-ivory with reflects

Wow, I didn't realize how many frosts I have in here.  As you could probably gather from the picture, I've abused Naked Lunch to death.  You'll be able to tell when I show you the swatches that there is almost no color to it anymore, but it was my first MAC shadow and I don't have the heart to give it back to them yet.  My two favorites from this row are definitely Vanilla and Nylon (which I recently hit pan on).  On the flipside, I hardly ever use Sweet Joy and only use Jest when I'm going for the specific sheen it gives off.  Swatchey time:



L-R: Jest, Naked Lunch, Sweet Joy, Nylon, Vanilla

Middle row time:

L-R: Mulch, Sable, Woodwinked, Cork, Moleskin

Descriptions:
  • Mulch (velvet)- Red-Brown with bronze pearl
  • Sable (velvet)- Gold-Plum with bronze pearl
  • Wodwinked (veluxe pearl)- Warm antique gold
  • Cork (satin)- Muted golden brown
  • Moleskin (matte)- Medium, neutral brown
    • Limited Edition from the MAC me over collection, 2011

So.  This row has my transition shades/ colors I use mostly in the crease.  Moleskin is my all-time favorite, never found anything better, transition shade.  It pains me to see this much pan on it since it was limited edition.  I've come to terms with the fact that it won't last much longer, and am currently on the hunt for a dupe.  Sable and Woodwinked were in the bunch of my first MAC shadows.  I love Woodwinked especially in the summer.  It blends in a way that makes it look like more than one shade, so I usually wear this on its own.  Sable is a shade that pairs beautifully with Jest, and compliments blue eyes very well.  I rarely use Mulch but I just used it for a formal eye look the other day and I loved how it turned out.  Favorites are Moleskin and Woodwinked.  Yay swatches:

L-R: Mulch, Sable, Woodwinked, Cork, Moleskin

Last row, lets go:

L-R: Sketch, Satin Taupe, Texture, Coppering, Beautiful Iris

Descriptions, Descriptions
  • Sketch (velvet)- Burgundy with red shimmer
  • Satin Taupe (frost)- Taupe with silver shimmer
  • Texture (velvet)- Peachy-brown with shimmer
  • Coppering (veluxe pearl)- Orange copper
  • Beautiful Iris (veluxe pearl)- Lavender with sheen

So this row consists of what I like to call accent colors.  I like all of them for different reasons. Sketch was the fourth of my first MAC shadows.  I still really enjoy using this, but sadly it shattered during one of my vacations and after I re-potted it, it just wasn't the same.  Satin Taupe is beautiful paired with Jest and Moleskin in the crease.  While Texture may look like a classic warm crease color, I actually like to use this all over the lid and into the crease. Coppering....sigh, I have a weakness for this-I love it paired with cobalt accessories/top/dress. Finally, Beautiful Iris is my favorite purple I've ever come across.  It's so wearable and so flattering on any eye shade, and doesn't look too much with blue eyes. My favorites from this bunch are Satin Taupe and Coppering. Swatches, yes:

L-R: Sketch, Satin Taupe, Texture, Coppering, Beautiful Iris



Well, that's pretty much all I got.  I've been a fan of MAC shadows for a long time.  I went through a phase where I was actively collecting them, but recently have gotten into other brands singles that are cheaper, and often of better quality (i.e. MakeupGeek and Coastal Scents Hot Pots). Because of those discoveries, I don't really see my MAC shadow collection (which is this palette plus 5) growing too much, other than repurchasing the favorites when I run out of them. ~Good talk.

Anyways, I hope you found this useful/interesting/enjoyable and thank you, thank you for taking the time to read this!

<3
Elise






No comments:

Post a Comment

Overnight eye masks?!? | VIICode Skincare Review

Hey everyone, how are you? I know it’s been awhile since I’ve written a post on here, but today I’m re-kickstarting (that’s a word, right?)...