Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Review: NYX Micro Brow Pencil

Hey guys! What's up?
Today I'm commin' back at ya with another review.  I decided I wanted to review this product because I loved it when I first had it, and then finished it and didn't have it for a while.  Now I have it again and was reminded of how much I NEED this product in my life.

This product I'm talking about is the NYX Micro Brow Pencil~



The shade I have this in is Taupe.  This line also has a Blonde shade, but taupes tend to compliment me better than straight up "blonde" shades.

Let's get started!


Packaging
The packaging of this product is just a very thin, long cylinder-hah! great way of describing that right?  It's basically the same exact thing as the Anastasia Brow Wiz.


While we are on the topic of packaging, let's talk real quick about this spoolie.  I've heard some people on YouTube talk about how they think it's rough on their eyes.  I don't find that to be the case for me.  In fact, I think this spoolie is perfect for blending out the color and combing through my brows!

Pigmentation
Next, we're going to talk about pigmentation (obviously, right?).  When you swatch it on the back of your hand, it doesn't look like it would be much, which is actually a good thing if you think about it.  If a brow pencil was super creamy and pigmented just upon swatching it, I would steer away because those kinds of formulas tend to smear and not work well in the brows.

Oh, one more thing.  I have swatched Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde (is it called Taupe now?) in stores.  I will say that this is not an exact dupe color wise.  The NYX is slightly more warm  and red than her ABH sister.

Taupe, swatched.  Featuring my self-tan wrist

Texture
The texture of this pencil is perfectly dry, meaning that it's not soft, but it's not so dry you run the risk of destroying your eyeball trying to apply it.  In this respect, it is very similar to ABH.  The slightly dry texture combined with the teeny-tiny tip on these pencils are ideal for creating the naturally defined, full brow.

Lasting Power
On me, this pencil lasts ALL DAY.  Keep in mind, I have really dry skin and never have problems with the staying power of eye products.  If you have oily skin, I imagine smudging and sliding might be more of a problem for you.  I wouldn't say to steer clear of this, though.  If you're really looking to try this kind of brow pencil, find a brow powder that matches and set it with that-you should be good to go!

Some Before and After:

Nothing on brows

Micro Brow pencil in Taupe, on left eye

Another look at the done up brow

Another look at the naked brow

Voila!

Wrap-up

Packaging: B+
Pigmentation: A
Texture: A
Lasting Power: A

Overall, I would highly recommend this product-it has completely changed my brow game. Remember that lasting power will vary depending on your skin type.  I forgot to mention earlier, but the color selection is great!  I obviously don't have all of them to show you, but there are 8 colors in the line that cover just about any brow color need (click HERE to see the color range).

On a not so positive note: something I wanted to point out is the price point.  Although much more affordable than the Anastasia alternative, the NYX Micro Brow pencil sells for $10.  That might not seem like a lot until you think about how much product you are getting, and how often you will have to repurchase.  The NYX as well as the Anastasia contain 0.09 grams of product. If you do the math, that's $111 per gram of product...excuse me?  It's unfair, but these companies get us with irreplaceable brow products that are incredibly overpriced, but we keep buying them because we want our brows on fleek, and we buy them often because we go through them so fast.  Ugh.  End rant.  I will continue to buy this, but I have supplements that I alternate with so I don't go through it so fast.

That's all I got for today.  Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read.  I hope you found this review helpful.  Click HERE if you want to keep up with my blog!  I will be posting every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for the whole summer! 


Have a beautiful day~
 photo signature 2_zpsti33at58.png

3 comments:

  1. I was just looking at these in Target today! Great review. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely worth it! I'm glad it helped :)

      Delete
  2. Randomly found your blog and I’d like to say that you have amazing design,
    beautiful photos and interesting posts! I’m also impressed by your style! Everything is perfect!
    Brow Pencil

    https://savarnasmantra.com/blogs/blog




    ReplyDelete

Overnight eye masks?!? | VIICode Skincare Review

Hey everyone, how are you? I know it’s been awhile since I’ve written a post on here, but today I’m re-kickstarting (that’s a word, right?)...