Friday, May 15, 2015

Empties or Trash? #1






Hey guys, what's up?  Obviously I just uploaded my first ever YouTube video.  I'm just a little excited about it.  I thought long and hard about what I wanted my first video to be, but I ended up doing an empties because I had so many empty products I wanted to talk about and toss!  For today's blog post, I'm going to do a little re-cap of what I talked about in the video with some additional pics.  Let's get started!



Shower Products!

Herbal Essences Morroccan my Shine Conditioner
I realized when taking these pictures that I forgot to mention this in the video!  Basically, it was good but not anything extraordinary.  I'll be moving along to my routine of trying a new shampoo/conditioner every time I run out.

Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser
This smells like childhood.  I used this all the time as a kid.  Every now and then I go back to this for a blast from the past.  I like the crisp, cool feeling this gives-it's actually really great if you're trying to wake up in the morning.

Up&Up Smoothing Shave Gel
I am entertained by shave gels that squirt out of the can in gel form, and then turns into foam. That's about all this little guy had goin' for him.  It wasn't bad, I guess I'm just not blown away easily by shave creams.

Pure Silk Shave Cream
I actually really liked this.  It was really thick and rich so I only had to use a little.  I also found that this stuck to my legs better while I was shaving than the other.  I recently found a coupon for this so I'll be getting a variety of this again!

Skincare

St. Ives Naturally Indulgent Body Lotion
I quit buying Bath and Body works lotions a while back and decided to get this once I started running out of those.  It lasted me quite a long time and I'm glad I made the transition.  It absorbed really fast, was incredibly moisturizing, and smelled like a dream.  win win win.

Simple Soothing Facial Toner
I loved this when I had a purpose for it.  It did its job and it didn't burn me.  Now I use another multi-tasking product that does my toning so I won't be picking this up again, but I highly recommend it for someone who is in the market for a gentle toner.

Simple Micellar Water
Yes. Yes. Yes.  I love this stuff so much.  I've gone through three bottles since I discovered it recently.  This is why I no longer need a stand alone toner or makeup remover.  Did I say yes yet?

Simple Replenishing Moisturizer
I really liked this for what it was.  It was a decent moisturizer that made my skin itch for the first 2 weeks I used it, was fine after, but wasn't outstanding.  I won't be repurchasing because I'll be looking to get a night cream instead.

Miscellaneous 

Suave Dry Shampoo
First dry shampoo I ever tried.  It's really good especially if you have blonde hair and like fruity-powder smells.  It's so cheap that I sometimes can't justify getting the not even expensive Batiste alternative.

Opti-Free Replenish
I wear contacts.  Therefore I use contact solution.  It's an essential.  This is the only kind I've ever used so I can't really compare it to anything else or give a rave review.  Thanks Alcon for keeping my contacts sanitary.

Lancome Regenerie something or other Night Cream
I don't remember what the full name of this is and I already threw it away.  I'll say that I'm not a millionaire so I probably will never get the full size of this.  I can't deny that it was fabulous.  I hate when samples tease me.

So many mascaras

MUFE Smoky Lash Extravagant
No thanks.  Not for me.  Next

Covergirl Clump Crusher
YES.  All time favorite mascara.  Holy Grail.  How do you separate, lengthen, and volumize perfectly all at the same time?  It's a miracle in a tube. 

Covergirl Full Lash Bloom
Pretty similar to Clump Crusher.  Obviously with a different brush and a more natural effect on the lashes.  I really liked that this didn't kill my eyelashes.  I also really liked how long it made them look.  

Maybelline Pumped Up Volume Express
Maybelline, why do you think that every mascara release is a competition for "who can make the biggest brush" award.  I think it is clear by now that big brush doesn't necessarily mean big volume.  Focus on formula quality, please.

Maybelline The Falsies Volume Express
This mascara will always hold a special place in my heart as the mascara that started my lash obsession.  It gives great volume and I really like the spoon-shaped brush.  Gotta love that purple tube.

Wet n' Wild Megalength
NO NO NO.  If you don't like your lashes to stick together when you blink, don't get this.

Milani Clear Brow Gel
This did a really good job taming my brow hairs and keeping them in place.  Keep in mind I don't have many brow hairs, so if you are more blessed in that region, you might want to look for something with a little more hold (Maybelline brow sculpt is a great drugstore option!).  I just wish the brush on this was a little smaller.


Face Products

Maybelline Dream Lumi Concealer in Radiant
I really liked the color of this!  It was the perfect pinky-peach color for highlighting and correcting.  I just felt like it didn't last very long...and product in this packaging format ALWAYS runs out fast.  I'll be moving on to other concealers for now.

Loreal True Match Lumi
This foundation gave a really great luminous, dewey finish.  It wasn't the perfect color for me in the dead of winter, but I would be willing to find a better shade and give it a go again.  It is really close in finish to MAC Studio Sculpt foundation, both are equally ideal for dry skin.  

Covergirl Outlast 3-in-1 Foundation
Don't mess with the coverage of this product.  It was as full as it ever got.  I really liked that this didn't oxidize on me and covered up the redness that comes out in the winter.  Great range of shades in this line!

Revlon Photoready BB Cream
DONT DO IT, PUT THIS BB CREAM DOWN AND NEVER LOOK BACK.  Check out the clip in the video where I show how gross this product is.  After doing some research, I found that a lot of people had similar experiences.  However, if it worked for you,  I'm glad!  I wish it had worked for me.

Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder
I didn't have this for very long before it broke so I can't give my full opinion on it.  I do know that the color I got was too dark for me so I didn't use it too often anyways.  EmilyNoel83 gave this glowing reviews on her YouTube channel so I think it would be worth trying.  I trust everything that woman says.  It DID have a lovely smooth texture.



This is it for the eyes!

e.l.f. Essential Waterproof Liner Pen
Not waterproof, waterresistant.  I still like this for simple upper liner.  You aren't getting a precise wing out of this one though, that felt tip gets floppy FAST.  Still worth a try, especially for the price :)

Maybelline Lash Sensational
Another mascara snuck its way in!  I already did a first impression post on this a while back, so I won't go into too much detail, but I ended up not liking it.  It flaked on me and did this weird clump-flake deal to my lashes that I was not about.  Bummer. I'm really picky with mascaras, okay??

NYX Collection Noir Liner
This liner gave a really cool satin-y finish.  I was a huge fan of it at the time, but prefer the matte finish I get from the NYC Liquid Liner.  Another strong point of this product was the lasting power.  It didn't claim to be long-wearing or waterproof, but I found both to be the case.

NYX Micro Brow Pencil
This is my new HG brow product.  I've never tried the ABH Brow Wiz to compare, but from what I've heard they are all but identical.  The color is great for blondes like me, and the teeny tiny point is great for drawing more natural looking lines.  I just can't stand how overpriced brow pencils are.  $10 for 0.09g of product...really???



Well guys, that's a wrap!  Thank you so much for reading (and watching)!  If you want to stay on top of my posts, go follow me on Bloglovin and please subscribe to my brand new channel-I'll love you forever!

Have a beautiful day~
 photo signature 2_zpsti33at58.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Overnight eye masks?!? | VIICode Skincare Review

Hey everyone, how are you? I know it’s been awhile since I’ve written a post on here, but today I’m re-kickstarting (that’s a word, right?)...