Saturday, February 7, 2015

First Impression: Wet n Wild Coloricon Contouring Palette

Hey guys, I have an exciting post to make today.  I was wondering around in my Walmart the other day and found a new product that I had just heard about from Nouveaucheap the other day.  You probably already gathered this from the title but lets build up the suspense, drumroll anyone? ~





It's the Wet n Wild Coloricon Contouring Palette!!!

Okay, now that we are done with the suspense, let's get down to business.  This palette is sold exclusively at Walmart for $3.93 (.46 oz), and is the same price and size as their cabana bronzers (but much thinner and more compact).  The shade I picked up (the only shade at this Walmart) is "Caramel Toffee."  Here are a couple pictures that show them as they appear in the display.




As you can see, they don't have their own special display, they are just integrated with other permanent products... which makes me think these are NOT limited edition- yay!


Here's a closer look at where they are in the display.



From what I've heard, Caramel Toffee is only one of three shades they have available in the line.  I know for sure that one of the other colors is called Dulce de Leche, which has more yellow undertones.  Some pictures of that shade can be found here.  Let's get into some swatches~


A closer look at the palette


Both colors, swatched


Both colors, swatched on the back of my hand



Before I get into application photos, I wanted to share a few more details of this product.  First, it seems as if the shades they have available are better suited to light/fair skintones, which is a bummer for the deeper-toned ladies out there, but is usually always a weaker area in WnW products.  

Second of all, these powders are SO fine and SO soft.  When I first dipped my fingers into these, I knew they were really made for contouring. Then when I applied, I proved myself right. These are great for building up color and do not get cakey or powdery at all. 

Lastly, you probably won't be able to tell a difference as far as highlighting goes between the photos.  That's because there really isn't a huge difference.  The highlight powder is pretty much the same as my skin tone.  I'm not upset about that at all though!  You can't really tell from the photos, but it did add a touch of brightness to that infamous triangle area.  Considering how finely milled the powder is, and how well it matches my pink undertones, I'm going to try it an an undereye setting powder and see how I like it...updates later.  Photo time (these were taken in natural lighting)!


Before contour/highlight~




After contour/highlight~





After blush and lips~




I built up two layers of the contour color for my cheekbones, but kept my forehead and chin at one application.  As you can see, it doesn't look powdery at all!  I'm super happy with how it turned out and how the colors look against my skin tone (despite the highlight pretty much blending in with my skin).  My first impression on this product? I LOVE it!  I can't wait to play around and experiment with it some more.  I've only worn this once so I don't have too well of an idea of the staying power, so I'll update later, but so far it's a hit.  I would definitely give this a shot if you're in the market for a contouring product.

So what do you think-do you think you'll be giving this a shot?  But really, I hope you found this first impression useful/interesting/enjoyable.  Thank you so much for taking the time to read this!

<3
Elise




1 comment:

Overnight eye masks?!? | VIICode Skincare Review

Hey everyone, how are you? I know it’s been awhile since I’ve written a post on here, but today I’m re-kickstarting (that’s a word, right?)...