Friday, April 10, 2015

Maybelline Rebel Bloom Baby Lips!

Hey guys! How are ya?
Today I have a really exciting post.  Not only is it my first official product review, but It's about the brand new, limited edition Baby Lips.  Wanna see?  I think you do~




Aren't they beautiful???  I feel lucky I was able to find all three of them because I know a lot of people couldn't find the peach one anywhere.  I didn't have any trouble though, all three of them were perfectly next to each other on a display in Walmart so I snatched them up.


A little background on my history with Baby Lips: I have purchased quite a few from both permanent and limited edition collections.  My reactions have been very mixed.  The formula I liked the most out of the ones before this collection were from the electro collection.  Those were actually really soft and moisturized my lips while I found that many just sat on the top of my lips with a slippery texture and even made dry patches stand out.  I felt very differently about these.  I didn't have high expectations, and really just bought these because I fell into the cute packaging trap.  Let's just say I was pleasantly surprised with these.

Before I continue rambling, lets get into some swatches and I'll tell you what I think of them


L-R: Petal Rebel, Oh! Orchid!, Peach Posey

Petal Rebel

Petal Rebel, swatched

Petal Rebel, on mah lips

Peach Posey

Peach Posey, swatched

Peach Posey, on mah lips

Oh! Orchid!

Oh! Orchid!, swatched

Oh! Orchid!, on mah lips

Can you tell this one is my favorite?


Alright, lets talk about these.  Like I said, I've been buying into these (like, with my $$), but not really buying into it with the hype.  None of the ones I have tried in the past really moisturized my lips or gave me enough color to want to wear them. These, however, are a different story.

As you can see from the swatches, these have really good color payoff!  I needed to include lip swatches with these because they look so awesome on!  On a daily basis I reach for low-maintenance lip products so these are perfect for me.  Unlike Baby Lips from the past, these have a smoother, richer texture that don't sit uncomfortably on my lips-they're actually a tinted lip balm!  Of course, they have the classic, candy-Spree scent, although I don't find there to be a noticeable flavor.

About the individual colors, Petal Rebel is obviously the most sheer, and is my least favorite of the trio.  It's just a pretty sheer candy-pink color that has a cool undertone.  I really just got this one because it was my favorite color combination (packaging, again).  Next is Peach Posey.  I knew that if I was going to get any, it would be this one.  Partly because of the novelty factor that so many people couldn't find it (are you guilty of this too?) and partly because I love peach lip colors for the spring/summer.  This one has more color payoff than Petal Rebel, and is my second favorite.  Last, but my favorite of the three is Oh! Orchid!  I actually didn't get this one in my initial haul, but after seeing swatches online I decided I needed to go back and get it before it sold out.  I was skeptical about the color because I'm not super comfortable with purple family lip colors, but this one is so beautiful and wearable.  It's the most pigmented of the three and looks so unique on the lips.  It pulls more like a lilac-y pink that almost makes your lips glow. Love it!

Final judgement: 8/10 would buy again
I use lip products like this so much, so I definitely see myself using these a lot throughout the entire year.  I absolutely recommend you picking these up if you can find them at your local drugstore/Target/Walmart.  If you're into sheer lip products or lip balms, these will be a hit for you.

I hope you found this review helpful.  Thank you so much for taking the time to read this!  Let me know in the comments if you have picked these up, what you think of them, and what your favorite tinted lip products are.

Have a beautiful day~

 photo signature 2_zpsti33at58.png

2 comments:

  1. Baby Lips have never worked for me, but these colors look very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said, I've never been a huge fan, but the formula on these is much more rich and more like an actual balm than any I've tried before

      Delete

Overnight eye masks?!? | VIICode Skincare Review

Hey everyone, how are you? I know it’s been awhile since I’ve written a post on here, but today I’m re-kickstarting (that’s a word, right?)...