Wednesday, April 1, 2015

My Favorite Multipurpose Products!!





Hey guys!  What's up?  I went on a freelance job yesterday and was feeling really inspired by using products that had more than one purpose, so I thought I would share some of my favorites with you!  Without any further chit chat, let's get right into it~

1) Coconut oil


Coconut oil is no new thing to the beauty world.  Many a blogger rave about the benefits of this fruit in oil form.  I never thought I would be one of those but here I am raving about it!  Although it seems like a many use this as a moisturizing agent, my favorite way to use this is as a scalp treatment.  If you know me, you know I have a mad case of dandruff and dry scalp, and it does wonders!  However, I would recommend only using this on days that you're not planning to leave the house.  Bonus-I really like to use this as a mouthwash (is that called oil pulling or something?)

2) Dry shampoo


Now, I know everyone and there mother is all about Batiste, but trust me, I didn't just jump on the train for that hype.  If you read my last post about foundations, you know that I really don't like to set with a powder.  Even thought I don't like setting powder, I would find myself getting shiny in the middle of the day-then I had an idea!  You use dry shampoo to absorb excess oil in your roots, so why not on your face! I tried it and it worked wonders.  Just make sure you hold it close to your face to get the most powder, and close your eyes so you don't start crying.  BONUS- it doubles as a perfume, which is why I have at least 6 varieties on hand at all times.

3) Shampoo and conditioner


So you might have made it this far, and then shampoo and conditioner? Let me explain.  I was out of my shower products, hadn't showered in days, and was low on money.  So I skipped on the body soap, body wash, and shaving cream, and bought me some herbal essences.  Shampoo lathers up and makes you smell good, so I use that as body wash (plus, we all have hair on our bodies-shouldn't we shampoo that too?), and I use the conditioner as a shave cream and body lotion-that's right, body lotion.  Just apply in the shower, don't rinse, and get on out, it will take about 6 hours to fully absorb but your skin will be baby soft!

4) Liquid liner

When I'm on the go, I like to limit the products I use as much as possible-pack lightly people! Through some experimentation, I found that I can skip mascara and falsies if I just coat my lashes with liquid liner, and draw on lashes for a more dramatic effect-who would have thought?

Here is a picture from Google Images I used as inspiration~


I know the girl in this picture is using falsies, but I would totally skip that and just draw some on your lid!


5) Purple eyeshadow!

Purple eyeshadow? you read correctly!  Purple is so on trend right now that I wanted to try it. However, I didn't want to invest in a purple blush and lipstick, so I played around and discovered that you can smooth purple eyeshadow anywhere on your face and it will look perfect.  Here are a few of my favorites~

MAC Stars and Rockets

Colourpop Cowboy

And in case you were wondering, here is some more inspiration~





6) Elmer's glue

Before you call me crazy for using glue as a beauty product, here me out.  First of all, it's non-toxic so it won't kill me.  Second of all, it serves so many purposes!  My favorite way to use it is a brow wax.  It's the most long-wearing solution I have ever found-they won't budge all week!  My next favorite way is as a lip primer.  Just smooth it on, and give it about 41 minutes to try (with your mouth open-I would recommend doing the rest of your makeup and hair while you're waiting) and put your lippies on!  Lastly, use it as a foundation primer!  I mean, didn't Benefit come out with a primer that looks like a glue stick?  Why not use the real thing?

Some options~

Clear If you want a more natural look or,

Purple if you want to be trendy like me (be trendy with me!)


7) Crayola markers

If you only pick up one thing from this post, get a pack of Crayola markers.  I have a lot of uses for this one so stick with me and try not to get lost. 

First of all, make sure to get the "multicultural" variety, it looks like this:


This has a variety of colors that are great for contouring, highlighting, and Kylie lips.

So let's just roll into the first use, as a highlight and contour.  In the picture you're about to see, there are four steps that involve blending, but I would just stop at step 2 for an extra defined look (plus you can't blend these)


Next, I really like to use these to redraw my brows.  As most of you know, I have really thin brows.  Since the felt tip is tapered, you can create a thinner brow, or a fleek brow as such~



 I made sure to include this picture because she is sporting two of my tips in this post!





This was the best representation of thin brows. I thought this artist did such a good job angling them to keep emotion in the face, while maintaining the thinness and angle the client was looking for.

Next we have Kylie Jenner lips, need I say more?




And finally, we have the creative portion.  I like crayola because the box inspires me to push myself out of my comfort zone and express my inner self....my inner cat, here is some inspiration~



The best part, all it takes is a little water to fix mistakes and start over, or a little rubbing alcohol if you forgot to get washable.

8) Glitter

Lucky you, I saved the best for last.  Not only is glitter in for the season, but it's sparking a new movement in the makeup world that I knew I had to contribute to.  Not only can you use glitter for crafts and special occasions, but now you can use it day to day without anyone glancing a judging eye.  If you get the glue stick, and get some glitter (it doesn't have to be from Lit or any fancy brand, just head over to Michael's) you are all set, you won't need anything else for your face.  Here are some of my favorite colors~

Purple-Duh!

Gold-of course

Coral-for spring, right?


Black-classy

And if you're skeptical about how to use this all over your face, I found some pictures of every day people pulling this off.  I was kind of weary about this at first, but I just stared at the glitter I had for an hour, let them channel into my inner spirit, slathered on the glue, and poured it all over.  The result was beautiful.  I hope these inspire you like they inspire me~






I could stare at them for hours, couldn't you?





Well that's all I have for ya today.  I hope you found it useful and interesting.  Thank you so much for taking time to read this and have a beautiful  APRIL FOOL'S DAY! :)


<3
 photo signature 2_zpsti33at58.png

2 comments:

  1. Omg this was so funny!!! I was so shocked at points and couldn't even fathom some of them! This is pure perfection! Great april fool's hahaha!


    www.lineupthemakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! I'm glad you found it entertaining! Will definitely check out your blog!

      Delete

Overnight eye masks?!? | VIICode Skincare Review

Hey everyone, how are you? I know it’s been awhile since I’ve written a post on here, but today I’m re-kickstarting (that’s a word, right?)...