Sunday, March 22, 2015

Nail of the Day~ Essie Tart Deco

Hey guys!  How are ya?
Welcome back to my blog!  Today I wanted to share something with you that brought me great joy today-a bright coral mani,  can you guess what it is?





If you're an Essie addict like I am, you could probably guess from the color.  If you read the title before diving in, you know that way.  Today I had the joy of painting my nails with Essie Tart Deco.  This was a stocking stuffer from this past year, and I thought today was the perfect day to kick off bright and pastel nails for the spring season.  My first impression of this was awesome so I thought I would share a mini review~

 Bottle close-up


This color is very unlike me.  When the weather starts to get warm, I usually dive in to the minty blues, greens, and lilacs (I actually DID have Mint Candy Apple on yesterday), and I don't usually go for brighter pinks and oranges.  However, this one is a stunner in the bottle and I was craving the brightness so I thought I would give it a shot.

Although Essie has a track record of having inconsistency in their colors, with a lot of them being streaky or hard to build up.  I HAVE found this with a lot of their polishes, but this one is definitely an exception.  The formula was thin, but not too thin, spread evenly, and built up to full opacity with two coats-which is how much I normally apply anyways.

 A closer look


Overall, I really enjoyed the application of this polish.  Essie polish application can often frustrate me, but thin, even layers were easy to achieve, and drying didn't take forever.  I can't say much about the staying power because today is only day one.  However, I can say that I am excited to be wearing this for the next few days.

Thank you so much for stopping by and reading.  I hope you enjoyed this post!

So, what are you wearing on your nails?  What's your favorite Essie polish?
 photo Signature 1_zpslqetqhuy.png

2 comments:

  1. A gorgeous colour, I've recently gotten into orange too! It's such an unusual colour without being too loud. I do like to sprinkle some Barry M gold glitter over it though, especially when my nails are short!
    Your blog is really pretty, I love your colour scheme and especially your little signature at the end :-)
    Bobbyanne xxxx
    Promisingbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love orange this time of year. And thank you so much girlie! I'll definitely go check out your blog. We should follow each other on Bloglovin if you have one :)

      Delete

Overnight eye masks?!? | VIICode Skincare Review

Hey everyone, how are you? I know it’s been awhile since I’ve written a post on here, but today I’m re-kickstarting (that’s a word, right?)...