Saturday, March 14, 2015

Let's get real for a minute

Hey guys, welcome back to my corner of the internet!  I have a bit of a different post today than my usual beauty stuff.  I know today I said I would be posting day 5 of Lip Swatch Week, but that photo shoot didn't make it into the schedule.  Let's talk a little about what's been going on in my life over the past few days~


If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I've been on spring break this past week.  I had planned to blog every day this week since I didn't have school to worry about, and I had access to my dad's DSLR.  I didn't realize how hard it would be to take the pictures, upload them, edit them, and make a post with them and talk about all the lip products every day.  I was spending around 5-6 hours every post to make sure they got up on time, and I wasn't paying enough attention to the other reasons I came home this week.

On Tuesday I rekindled with one of my best friends from high school that I hadn't spoken to since we graduated.  On Wednesday I had a job interview I wasn't planning.  Then on Thursday my mom had a day off work and I wanted to spend time with her.  I spent more time with my mom and my friend from high school on Friday.  Then today, I had my second job interview, got hired, did my taxes, and cooked dinner for my family, and did a little laundry and packing somewhere between.  By the time I was able to sit down and not have some sort of obligation, the sun had set and there goes my lighting.

I don't want to seem like I'm making excuses or complaining about having a busy life, I just wanted to take the time to be real with my readers.  First of all, I would never promise a post, not do it, and not explain myself.  Second of all, I want to start connecting with you guys on a more personal level than just mutuality in being makeup addicts.  I think I'm also realizing that I'm taking the wrong approach to blogging.  I'm a very all or nothing person, so if I don't feel like my idea for a post is interesting enough, or that I can't get it together as perfectly as I want, I will often not post at all instead of finding middle ground.  It's one of my biggest weaknesses as a person and I see it come out when I blog.

So, resolution time.  I can't say that I'm going to give a blogging schedule because as of right now, that's not how I want and can do it.  I'm going to blog as much as I can when I can.  If I come up with something I really want to share with you, I don't want to have to wait until Tuesday to post if I think of it on Sunday-you feel?  SO my goal is to post 2-3 times a week, but to challenge myself to post more about life/health like I've wanted to do from the beginning, and to post more frequent, concise beauty posts along with that.  What do you think?

I just want to say thank you for taking the time to read this, and the time to get to know me a little better.  Every time I see someone comment, like a post on Instagram, or even that my views are going up, it gives me such a boost and makes me want to keep going


I've challenged myself, so now I'm going to challenge you.  If you've read this far into my post, thanks for sticking with me! Now I challenge you to take something about yourself that maybe you don't like, or that you think you can improve on (i.e. you procrastinate, or you're a chronic perfectionist like me) and work at it!  Bettering yourself is great and important, because you're doing it for YOU, and I promise that will make you so much happier.

Sending you all my love
<3
Elise

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing and inspirational post Elise! Most of us today have very busy lives and sometimes we just need to take a step back and think of what's important, what makes us happy, what inspire us, set goals. Do not overwhelm yourself, you doing great as a blogger. I'm happy to hear that you've had an amazing spring break, spending it with your family and friends. Congratulations on a new job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much girl! It really is important to take a step back and take a deep breath and prioritize. Your comment means a lot <3

      Delete

Overnight eye masks?!? | VIICode Skincare Review

Hey everyone, how are you? I know it’s been awhile since I’ve written a post on here, but today I’m re-kickstarting (that’s a word, right?)...