Monday, March 9, 2015

Lip Swatch Week!! Revlon Lip Butters

Hey Guys!
Remember when I mentioned something about an exciting week coming to make up for the lack of posting for the past month?  Well this is it!  I'm not only bringing you lip swatch week, but my Instagram @ummbaby (she has an awesome blog, you should check it out: here) wanted to see my whole lipstick collection, so that's what I'm going to do.  I even decided to throw in all my lipglosses and lipliners...it's going to be a long week.

Alright, let's cut the nonsense and get into the swatches.  Day one is going to be my beloved Revlon Lip Butters.  I don't use these too much anymore, but they are an intense throwback to highschool because they were the only things I ever wore.  The best part about them (that I remembered while swatching) is that they are so moisturizing, yet pigmented.

Here we go~


~Overview~






























 **This should say "Sweet Tart"...oops




















Woo!  That was fun.  I have to say that my absolute favorite lip butter, and one of my favorite lip products of all time, in Berry Smoothie, didn't make it into the shoot.  She ran out and was lost somewhere in the depths of one of my purses or jean pockets....R.I.P., Berry Smoothie...

Some other favorites from the collection are Cotton Candy, Peach Parfait, and Raspberry Pie (can you tell from my pose in that pic?)

Like I said earlier, these used to be my favorite lip products.  I've kind of fallen out of love with these for the most part because I've just moved on to other things.  I do really love how smooth and moisturizing these are, and how pigmented most of them are.  Also, I want to say that I don't think you can get Creamsicle anymore, and I know for sure you can't get Gumdrop anymore (this is the least pigmented one of the bunch anyways-I bought it because it was on sale for $2).  Overall, if I was recommending lip products to someone, and what they were looking for sounded like a no-fuss, moisturizing product that would give them a good amount of color, I would definitely STILL recommend these.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed my swatches!  Stay tuned for day 2,  I'll be doing my MAC lipstick collection!  Thank you so much for taking the time to read this!  See ya tomorrow :)

<3
Elise




2 comments:

  1. Hey hun!!!

    Firstly thank you so much for the shout out. That is so sweet! I'm touched in all honesty.

    Secondly this is going to be a brilliant week. Yes people, I did ask her to do this because she posts some incredible pics on her Instagram and I loved the look of her tastes in shades.

    You've taken on a momentous task but you're doing an amazing job I'll tell you. Your pics are beautiful as always and your make-up is on-point ;)

    I've only got 2 lip butters - Macaroon & Pink Truffle. They're lovely but they're not my go-to formula. Love the shades you have. Beautiful!!!

    Sal xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the encouragement! It means a lot :) I've actually never heard of macaroon before, I'll have to check it out!

      Delete

Overnight eye masks?!? | VIICode Skincare Review

Hey everyone, how are you? I know it’s been awhile since I’ve written a post on here, but today I’m re-kickstarting (that’s a word, right?)...